www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The pure, unadulterated gift, Part Two Do You Still Have Your SmartPhone?






 

                “What have you liked most, so far?” Jenny asked six weeks later as they relaxed in their luxurious accommodations overlooking Rome.”

                “Everything has been great. Absolutely great,” Melissa replied as she adjusted her camera to get a bird’s eye view of the Coliseum. I love the outdoor cafés. They are so delightfully charming, and I’m glad our headmaster let us choose for ourselves whether we try the local food or not. I’m not afraid of traveler’s flu! I’m going to try anything I want!”

                “But I saw you did drink pop instead of the water.”
                “Well, sure, a person’s gotta be a little bit sensible.” She flopped on the bed. “And tomorrow we explore the catacombs. “

                “That seems spooky.”

                Melissa nodded, “But I just know my parent’s will want a blow by blow account of everything we saw and heard about it. They are so religious, you know.”

                They fell silent for a moment. “Well, I think I will hop into the Jacuzzi unless you want to go first.”

                “Melissa?”
                Melissa’s hand paused as she reached for her velvet housecoat. She looked at her friend.

                “Do you still have your Smartphone?”

                “Of course I do. I saw it in my fanny pack just a few minutes ago. Why?” Melissa frowned; why does she have to always hound me as if she’s my conscience, or something?

                “Just wondering.” Jenny looked troubled. Was I just wondering? She seems so casual, almost indifferent, to The Pearl. If I had something that precious would I take it for granted that it couldn’t be lost? She flipped on her tummy and started texting her friends in the room next door; inviting them to come over, and soon the room was filled with girlish chatter and much laughter.

                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                There was so much to do, so many places to explore and of course shopping lots of shopping. There were always a variety of post cards to choose from if they weren’t able to take their own pictures that they liked better, and the array of souvenirs were both delectable and fascinating.

                Melissa used her Smartphone lots for taking quick pictures and instant messaging but left it lying around rather casually. Once Jenny had reminded her, and another time the tour guide had held it up, asking who it belonged to.

                Jenny’s brow furrowed. Doesn’t she have any idea how valuable it is?

1 comment :

  1. Yeah! No kidding. If her parents bought it how could she appreciate it's value. I'm looking forward to the next installment although I have a pretty good idea what's going to happen. Oh groan!

    ReplyDelete