www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Don’t Understand God


You know, I really don’t understand God all that well. He reacts in a sometimes unpredictable way, and almost, if not always in a more loving way than I had expected.

Like today. In my head I tell God the three B’s are His business, but far too often I get my talons into them and hang on.
My three B’s are Blogging, Books, and –no, make that four Bed and Breakfast.  I mean, like In my head I know they are safe in His keeping, but all day today I poured over the computer trying to build a website and get more publicity. Nah, I wasn’t relaxed enough to just trust Him to prompt me how to go about it, and when and where; I had to go it on my own.
Well, by suppertime I was feeling a bit guilty. So much gets neglected when I insist on blindly persuing my own agenda. I had meant to fold that load of wash for my daughter who is a super busy single Mom (much against her will). And, yeah, the days are getting cooler, and I still haven’t spruced up our dear old arbor with a fresh coat of paint. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.
Then tonight we were going to make that forty-five minute jaunt into the city, quickly before the stores closed, and as our custom is, we prayed before leaving the yard. You know what?  I told God  I had made His business my business in the wrong way and I was sorry, and for some unfathonable reason He let me feel so happy and peaceful all the way to town. Still am, for that matter. Sure makes me want to praise His more, and do a better job of trusting Him with His Business

No comments :

Post a Comment