www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Banished?

This is another excerpt from Mary's Diary. Tate Publishing is reproducing it.


Daddy doesn't believe I could become the mother to the Son of God!



"Oh, but, Abba! It is true!” He held up his hand to silence me. “I know you believe it is true, and your Mother has told me why it seems possible or even probable to you.” He reached out and took Immas hand into his own brawny one. “I am sorry, daughter, but the Mashiach would not come to the likes of us who are of lowly birth.”

My whole body sagged, and his look softened. “He will be a King, yeled. We do not think less of you for having such hopes, and aspirations. Your mother and I refuse to believe Hildes suspicions that you have been unfaithful to her son.”







My head lowered once again, and I felt my cheeks grow hot.

 "I suspect you may be overwrought with all the excitement of your engagement.”

I was not used to Abba speaking in such a serious, almost stern manner, therefore listened intently, yet sorrowfully.

"Your mother has a relative whom we have not visited for a long time. Her name is Elisheva. Perhaps you remember her? She resides at Ain Karim near Yerushalayim with her aging husband who is a priest.”


I nodded. Of course I remembered Elisheva. The angel had shared some very special news about her that I had told Imma but had not been brave enough to share with Abba. She was such a lovely lady, so elegant, and gracious. I had been allowed to stay at their home for several weeks after Passover the year I was ten, and had tried to imitate her for a long time afterwards. It was her tall, stooped, gray-bearded husband who had taught me how to read and write.



"Your Mother and I have decided that it might be best if you would visit them until all this excitement calms down.”
I came back to the present with a start.
"Me? Alone? Oh Abba how could I?” I wailed, and flung my arms around him.   If you want to read Mary's Diary, the Life of Jesus through His Mother's Eyes faster than just one snippet at a time for the next year --if I keeep it up--grab your copy @
bookstore.iuniverse.com/

No comments :

Post a Comment