www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Messed Up

Not our dog

Generally I use the common sense I was born with, but tonight I didn't, and of course it got me into trouble. After being cooped up in the house all day sewing, and later babysitting, it seemed like a good idea to get out, get some fresh air, and feed the chickens all at once. It was a good idea, only problem is for some reason I wasn't using the brains God had given me. Generally when it's minus 10 Celsius, and snowing a persons quite ready to bundle up, right? Well usually, I do to. But not today. Silly me. I thought I would just grab a jacket and slip into a pair of boots and make a quick trip to the chicken house and be back in no time. Of course Murphy's law was in effect, and this was the time I spun out. With no gloves on I sure didn't want to push myself out of the snow with my hands very badly. The dog came romping over all eager to help, or so I thought, but as soon as he heard Stephen's voice, off he went. Take note, he heard Stephen's voice. Why? Because as soon as my husband heard me yelp he came a running. That's just the kind of man he is. I was touched by his kindness and concern, but that's not all. It reminded me of God. We mess up. Lots of times, but if we call for help He's more than ready to help, also. He's eager.  

No comments :

Post a Comment