www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

An' My Heart Was Lifted

Any of you that have been following my blog fairly regularly have noticed how sad it was to lose our sixteen year old Golden Retriever Cross. Sure I said I was relieved that she died shortly before we went on a three week long trip because I hadn`t wanted her to feel rejected just before she passed away. But there is another side to it: it`s been two months now and I was still lonely for the golden brute. Hey, she was a lovely sweetheart, but I didn`t know I was that attached to her.
                Time to get another dog, problem is no matter what dog I looked at or checked out on line, in my mind I was comparing it with ---guess who!
                When we went to the Animal Shelter I was appalled at the prices for some of those darlings. Sure I understood the logic why they were priced so high but some of us simply can`t afford them, and what if no one can t during this recession, oh, awful thought!
                There was one sweetheart of a Goldie who seemed so resigned to her fate. I wanted her, of course, but with hubby unemployed and me facing health issues we couldn`t think of forking over well over $600. She was so sad for a one year old pup. I`ve actually prayed that she could find a good home, change that to loving home, okay.
                We weren`t very happy campers when we walked out, but to make a long story short our neighbours had a couple mixed breed puppies to give away. The mother was a beagle but you wouldn`t have guessed the little guy was related to her. Well, maybe it`s because he had adopted me, (lol) and yup, he came home with us. Rusty is my adoring and adorable pup.

                I still marvel how much God cares about the little things. Close as I can figure our little baby came into this wold about the same time Sheba departed it.

Th
This isn't our little Rusty but a picture I got on line. 

No comments :

Post a Comment