www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Angelic Rescue! (A true story!)


     I've been intrigued with angels, and have often wondered how I would respond if I actually saw one.
   All through the night, the snow must have fallen softly, because this morning there was a luscious layer covering the gray, muted landscape. For some reason, the gentle beauty made me think of hoarfrost on a day when the sky is a bright, clear blue. Surely an angels wings would sparkle like hoar frosty diamonds!

www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com
  No, I have never actually seen an angel in all its glory, but I have a precious memory of when one came to my aid. Our oldest daughter was just a wee tot when this happened. The stairs leading down to the basement of the house we were living in at the time were rotting, so needed to be replaced. They were removed in the evening and the brand new ones would be installed first thing in the morning. That gaping hole made me uneasy.
   During the night I woke up to the pitter patter of little feet. Our baby was looking for our room! I leapt up to go to her, but she had walked past our bedroom and over to the basement doorway. I hurried over and brought her to safety.
      But later that I realized I couldn't have possibly gotten to her on time. She had stepped into mid-air and was being held up by an angel until I could reach her. Oh, Audrey, I wish you could remember this, and tell me what it was like to be held in an angel's arms!
   Now it's your turn.
 If you want to share an angelic experience privately on Hang-Outs let me know. in the comments section/Let's rejoice in each other's experiences of heavenly encounters especially now when it is so close to Christmas..

2 comments :

  1. I don't have my own angel story, but I too have one of my daughter. Tia was about six years old when this occurred. My husband and I were sitting at the table late one evening, praying earnestly for those on our hearts, when we heard Tia coming down the stairs. We both looked up and thought she was sleepwalking by the way she was looking and walking down the stairs. My husband spoke up and asked if she needed any help, to which she ignored him completely and headed back to the bathroom. Her return trip wasn't much different, she was looking around but not at us. The next morning, Tia asked me,"Were you and dad having a prayer meeting last night?" I told her, "Yes, I guess we were!" to which she replied,"There were so many angels praying with you that I had a hard time getting around them to go to the washroom, they were taking up the whole house." These are stories we never forget, and contemplate on them now and then., by Chloe Neubert.

    Delete | Spam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share another beautiful, beautiful memory that relates to our angelic friends. Once I woke up from a nap to the sound of the richest most melodious singing imaginable. I went to the window and looked out, but even though I saw no one, the singing continued and the words linger with me yet.
    ...Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace...

    ReplyDelete