www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Monday, April 16, 2012

Meeting Steve



      It seems like a miracle how God looked down from Heaven and saw my future husband way off in Northern Canada somewhere, and me a ‘thousand’ miles away and decided that we were meant for each other. More than that, He probably decided long before we were born, and what would have happened if one of us would not have followed His plan? It isn’t always easy to know which direction to take, but He has a way of continually redirecting us if we stray. By the time I was in my mid teens, my childhood home was more or less in shambles but it gave me the opportunity to get acquainted with the people of God. After much searching I united with the church, and then several years later was invited to attend a wedding in B.C.
            Simple, right? Just pack your bags, and go. Not so. The phone lines were down and I needed to find someone to work for me the very next day. So we started driving around. The first person I asked said yes. She would take my place even on such short notice!
            Now I had a ride, and a deep impression that I would either get married very soon, or would meet the one I was to marry at this wedding. Well, both were about to happen!
            There he was! I had seen him before at Annual Meeting a few months earlier. He had just been a face in the vast multitude but it had come to me, if I ever got married it would be to him. Of course my first reaction was I don’t have a clue who he is. He could be from California for all I knew! Here he was, again, and I wasn’t about to let the opportunity to meet him slip away.
            Incidentally in those intervening months I had often poured out my heart to the Heavenly Father for direction and with a longing to have a happier home than the troubled one I had grown up in.
            A friend of mine was introducing someone to people from her home congregation, and by then I had somehow figured out that he was from there also, so tagged along to get in on the introductions. Let it be sufficient to say we had neither eyes nor ears for anyone else when we first met. My ‘hero’ didn’t waste anytime asking for me although there was a little mix up that caused the proposal not to go through right away.
            I went on vacation from my job about a week before the wedding, and with their approval haven’t been back since!

No comments :

Post a Comment