www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Monday, December 24, 2012

Do Not Open Until Christmas Day! ;^ )

7 Chisleu
December 7th

 Hanukkah
 
Dear Diary;
He’s come! Yehoshua has come! I cannot begin to express my gratitude and adoration! What a privilege is to be the first one to hold the treasured Son of God. Oh dear, tears are running down my face again! He is so precious. I just can’t say it enough.  It tugged at my heart strings when I saw how incredibly tiny and helpless He, the Son of El’Shaddai is.
 I wanted to cradle Him longer, much longer, but Yosef yearned to hold Him also. Yosef is sitting cross-legged in the straw nearby and it looks so good to see the man I adore cuddling the most wonderful Baby in the world.


7 Chisleu
December 7th
Dear Diary;
            This has been a strange and wonderful night. Yosef and I had no desire to sleep so we snuggled together gazing adoringly at the wide-eyed baby in our arms. I half wished that Yeshua (how quickly we have shortened His name!) would cry so I could gently cuddle and hush him with a lullaby or two but He was so wide awake, and calm; looking at us through those soft brown eyes of His. I almost think He knows who we are; but do not all fond parents imagine their babies are smarter than they are capable of being? Who knows, maybe this one is. It will be interesting and delightful raising such a sweet boy. If I ever have another one it will be much too easy to compare him with Yeshua, I fear.
            It has been so cozy, almost homey in the cave tonight. A young kid came around and inquisitively looked and looked at our tiny boy. I wonder what it was thinking, and if goats can think.
            Earlier we heard some brawlers carrying on. They made me feel most uncomfortable, but someone must have told them to either quieten down or leave so those of us who would sleep could sleep. There are others sharing our crowded quarters but they are far enough away that we are afforded some privacy. Like I said, it is so calm and peaceful now with a little halo of light from the lantern surrounding our little family.
                                    Hark! I hear something faintly in the distance! It sounds like music! Like singing, or chanting perhaps. It sounds like the most beautiful mantra in the world. Whatever can it mean?



No comments :

Post a Comment