www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Gift



          He strolled in, like many days before, and I assumed he just wanted to pick up his mail. For some reason he had chosen to still get it delivered to his folks’ address. Maybe as an excuse to keep in touch with them once in awhile. Who knows? Well, this ole lady doesn’t see her son too much so she went over to say “Hi.”

“Need anymore  toys to play with?”  he asked casually while lugging a couple of boxes in. I assumed he meant for the grandchildren.
“Sure. What do you have?” Although I secretly wondered where in the world he would have picked up toys.


He walked past me into the living room. He went over to the computer desk. He was fiddling around with plug-ins while I watched, getting all emotional inside. He was giving me his laptop and printer.
“How much do you want for all that?” I asked, feeling a bit teary eyed like they always say in books. 
“Well, I spent $400 on the laptop, but I hardly ever use it. I don’t need it.” He kept on fiddling to get things going; getting me connected with wi-fi, but he didn’t come up with a price. I knew it was a gift. Had known all along. How does a person say thank you? 

Then I got to thinking about the gift God gave us. We sure didn’t deserve that one either. I want to care for-both-- with gratitude and care.

If you are interested in reading Marilyn Friesen's books check out: www.iuniverse.com/ - United States (Yeah, checkout ; } !

No comments :

Post a Comment