www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Book Signing Update

If I started off the way I thought of starting this post, you’d roll your eyes and think “how trite” and I sure wouldn’t want you to do that! But the problem is it’s true. I was so excited I couldn’t sleep for hours the other night. It was years since I had hosted a book signing, and here I was sitting so straight and ‘pretty’ by my own little table in the mall, at a nice accommodating store called Cole’s.  If you know anything about my health history you’ll be immediately wondering how in the world did that go? It went great! Amazingly fantastic although I paid for it the following day!  (Don’t worry about it!)
It didn’t take long to discover that people weren’t planning to come flocking to my table even if I smiled my sweetest smile, so I soon started mingling with the shoppers, mainly those that were angling out of the mainstream and heading into “Our” bookstore.  and wow, did I ever get into some interesting conversations. Y’know what? Lots of people are just  waiting for someone to lend a listening ear so they can share their story.  It wasn’t long before I was talking to someone from Paraguay and someone else from Scotland, and more than two someones who had identical twins on their family tree.
Okay, I gave it away...or didn’t I. I was presenting the book Two Mothers, Twin Daughters so naturally lots of folks wanted to tell me about the twins in their family, and of course I was all ears. After all that is the topic of that book, and will be the continuing topic in the sequel.
Have I told you that I’m doing a THIRD Edition  with still another company? I’ll show you a copy of the cover of the book that sold at Cole’s the other day, but haven’t sufficiently developed the cover for the next one to show it off, yet.
Oh, in case you are wondering, yes, I did sell every book I brought along.

P.S. Sorry you weren’t there. I was tempting potential customers with wonderful HomeStyle Donuts sold at our local country store. http://www.authorsden.com/marilynffriesen

No comments :

Post a Comment