www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Saturday, January 31, 2015

An Imaginary Visit With Jesus.

Mother's Days

Today I want to share a poem with you that I wrote many years ago. Hopefully it will be an encouragement to young mothers all around the globe.

Sometimes I get to sighing
And wish that I could see
The Savior come a-knocking
To spend the day with me.


I'd tell Him all my troubles
(Guess that isn't very nice,)
Then listen very quietly
To His gentle, wise advice.

"Lord the little ones are fussing
And I don't know what to do.
Do I blame too much on Sister 
When Brother's guilty to?

And Lord, you know the dishes
Are waiting to be done.
And the children all are resting
But I'm the weary one.

Should I pursue them with a vigor
And ignore my aching head
Or is it more submissive
To recline upon the bed?

Yes Lord there are so many things,
You see them one and all;
The crumbs beneath the table,
The marks upon the wall.

The little girl is ailing'
Should I cuddle her right now?
She complains of aching limbs you know;

I touch her fevered brow.

I guess I could ask hubby-
He is your messenger-
Then just accept whate'er he says
And with some faith endure. 

Marilyn Friesen

May God bless all you mom's who are sincerely trying.



No comments :

Post a Comment