www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm Fond of Old Gardeners, Aren't You?

I'm fond of old gardeners, aren't you? They putter around in their lushly overgrown garden spots seeding dreams and harvesting hope, or is it the other way around? I had the priviledge of being taken on tours of two rankly overgrown gardens not so long ago, but oh what treasure troves they were! Check out that vivid yellow rose! And so hardy, to! I wonder if it is in any of the modern catalogues, even? And can you just see us eyeballing those waves of sweet, tall purple sweet william? My husband wanted to transplant some, and the dear, elderly lady gladly obliged. I think Steve also is planting some memories! We putter around with Emily, and on other day Alvin, trying to slow our pace to match theirs. They hardly seem to see the overgrown areas, so we ignore them also. The weeds are so much mre vigorous than they, but it matters not, they are enjoy the little they can do and I marvel at the lovely plants hidden in unexpected places. Just look at those peonies, white, pink and red, growing so wild and free! And did you see those apple trees? They've been around for a long, long time, and the children, all grown now, still eagerly come back for their share of delicious fruit come fall. Here and there some yellow daisies have popped up volintarily, and those strawberries! So well cared for and delicious! What does an 89 year old man want with twelve long rows of corn plus? But does it matter? And behold! His tomatoes are already setting fruit! It behooves me to be more diligent about collecting seed from my earliest and best tomatoes.I could go on but this will suffice.
        God bless you, Alvin and Emily. I enjoy meeting gentle folk like you, quietly tending your own little plots, doing what you can, but being at peace with what you can not do.

No comments :

Post a Comment