www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Startling News

4 Marcheshvan
November 1st

Dear Diary;
           We have heard such startling news!
Everyone of King David’s
line will have to trudge off to Bethlehem to be taxed.
That includes Yosef and me, since we are both descendants of
David. One of us is through Solomon, and the other by a more
obscure son by the name of Nathan. I wonder how that will
work with my pregnancy getting so near its completion. It
feels like every city in the whole country will be getting mixed
up like a big pot of lentil soup with everyone traveling hither
and yon to reach the city of their origins. What an unsettling
time for our baby to be born! But I know His Heavenly Father
is watching over us, and knows exactly what is going on in
His frail children’s’ lives.



19th Chisleu
December 15th

Dear Diary;
           Because of one delay after another we were not able to
go as soon as we wanted to. The most tragic is that my Savta
suddenly took ill. She was my mother’s mother, and always
very dear to me. I couldn’t bear to leave her when she was so
low, but she passed away, so we will sadly depart after the
funeral. This will be all for now, for I want to take one last
look at her calm, still face before we follow the bier to the
grave site.

1 comment :

  1. Looks like you were able to get back on your blog. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete