www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A Missive From Mary

(Dear Diary);
I will always be grateful to my elderly Uncle Zachariah for teaching me to read and write that long ago summer when I was ten. There are some thoughts that are too personal; too profound to give voice to but they must be shared, and writing is the best way.
In all sincerity, Mary’am (That’s my Aramaic name)


2 Nisan
April 2nd
Dear Diary
               How can I get close to Ha Shem? Yet that is what I am striving for. Ha Shem means The Name and is the most respectful title I know to call The Holy One. We dare not speak His Name out loud but I pray He will pardon me if I write it from time to time. There is something about El ‘Elyon that is dreadful but I long to have a more meaningful relationship with Him
.

www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com
              This week I have been thinking much about the sacred prophecies concerning the Mashiach. What kind of woman would Yahweh choose to be the mother for his Son? It would be such a delightful honour and a privilege! I wish it could be me. Did you hear my tiny sigh? I suppose hundreds, nay, thousands of maidens more honourable than I have longed to cherish the Holy Child as their own, but they were not chosen, so why would I be? We are of the lowliest of the lowly way off here in the plebeian city of Nazareth.
               The Anointed One’s mother would be someone without the many faults that I have! I imagine she will be someone like the virtuous woman our noble King Solomon described many years ago. She would diligently reach out to the poor and needy and in her tongue would be the law of kindness. I have a lot to learn in that area!
                I am guessing that the Mother of the Mashiach (what elegant-sounding words!) would need to be someone of royal birth so she would know how to groom her Son to become the future King. But I am of the right lineage! David is my ancestor. We have the precious documents that prove our connection right here in our house. They have been passed down from generation to generation and are among our most valuable possessions.
-
Yea, I must admit though, that thousands of others claim the same distinction.
               Just this one last time I will confess it hurts deeply that I cannot mother Ha Shem’s Son. He must be born of a virgin, and I am soon to be married.             

               Oh, please do not ere in your thinking! I am joyfully planning to wed my beloved Yosef, but when I do, this other dream will have to die forever. It is most difficult to lie down. It has been a secret desire for so long, but I will; I will lift a brave face and cheerfully walk hand in hand with my betrothed for all my days. And if perchance some other damsel gets this blessing during my lifetime I will try to be happy for her. Perhaps it will be my own daughter     

No comments :

Post a Comment