www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Waifs

       If there is anything that has made my heart ache and nearly break it is the plight of suffering children. These are not only children in third world countries whose mommy's and daddy's may have been killed, but there are so many different kinds of suffering. When you look into the big, innocent eyes of a little one and you see Too Much Pain that is pathetic. Oh, if only all children everywhere could know a mother's love and a daddy's care! Oh that the hearts of Christians everywhere would overflow with love for those who were unfortunate enough to be born in dire circumstances. I applaud all those that adopt older children; that is more than commendable, that is awesome . May God bestow his richest blessings on those children who are mired in the foster care system or worse yet, living on the streets, and on the people selfless enough to help them.
In my book Home At Last I poured out my heart through the medium of different characters. If you have the time please read this excerpt from little Suzanna's viewpoint.


It felt so quiet and empty in the dorm after the other children had gone. Suzanna tried to go back to sleep. She ended up tossing and turning, making a tangled mess of the bedding. Her throat felt raw, her head ached unbearably... I wish Mama would come right now and rock me in her arms. Suzanna moaned. Surely it would make me feel so much better. Since Mama can’t come, couldn’t I have a different Mama? Not a cross comrade like the ones here, but a real mama? One that would comfort me and whisper I love you once in a while? Then she looked around at all the empty beds
There isn’t enough mamas’ to go around for all of us. Is there anyone in this big, wide world who loves motherless little children?

2 comments :

  1. I enjoyed "Home at Last." It was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically it was a 'newer' book than Two Mothers Twin Daughters, but since Two Mothers was so long, it took much longer to get edited, so Home At Last was shoved to the front burner. "Write" now I am working on a book about first century Christians that may or may not end up as part of a series. I have also started a sequel to Two Mothers, Twin Daughters, so far from Alice's viewpoint, and...My Own Story...but the good ole computer, gardening and other interests distract me from too much heavy duty writing.(Now where's a quick smiley face when I want it?)

    ReplyDelete