www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Thursday, January 31, 2013

And Then It Began!

"Since Yeshua, my son, was listening so intently, I continued the story of the flood the next night. It was getting way too late for a school boy to be up so I tucked him in with a kiss and a prayer and went off to my dreams that were quite naturally related to what we had been talking about.

"Are you ready, Imma? Can you start telling us more about the flood, now?"
"I will be soon. Yeshua take these nice clean tunics and hang them up on the peg by your bed, and by then I will have finished sweeping the floor."
   "It's my turn to sit by Imma," Yaakov, (James) called.
Yeshua stopped in his tracks.
"No, it's my turn. You did yesterday."
"Well Baby Joses is sleeping already so there is plenty of room on either side of me tonight. Shall we get started?

"I left off while one of the daughters in law was weeping because no one was accepting the gift of salvation. "
"After awhile Shem, my Abba put his arm around me."
"Your husband you mean?" Yeshua grinned knowingly. I nodded and smiled back.
"Seth told me it was time to eat and when I looked up I saw that simple victuals had been laid out.
None of us cared much for food: we were too burdened about our aleichem , (neighbours) who had resisted the tender voice of God to think much about food.
"I wondered how the sophisticated ones felt as they passed that big hulk of an ark.
Did they just go to and fro from their homes, businesses and places of entertainment with only an occasional look of amusement at the Ark?

"For seven days we begged God to cause someone to repent and to call out for mercy. We were so heavy hearted that we only ate enough to give us the strength needed to feed and care for the animals. It was devastating to think of all those people stubbornly sinking to their terrible fate. We often wondered if we had tried hard enough to convince them.

 "Yahweh did not want to do it," Yeshua stated with firm conviction.

"Nay, he certainly did not. As the first crash of thunder resounded, Father Noah tramped upstairs to seal off the sky light. (Close the door to the heavens). We were plunged into darkness until Shem, Ham and Japheth managed to light our lamps which were standing in readiness.As the rain poured down and the thunder crashed, the animals started trumpeting and squealing, each in their own tongue and we women clung to each other feeling more than just a little afraid. I managed to hear Father Noah praying above the din, and my pounding heart slowly quieted.
 "Gradually the racket died down. Then I heard something worse: the cries and screams and curses of those on the outside!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment