www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Look At All Those Little Creatures!

We will continue where I left off with yesterday's post.

       "Why don't you sit down and rest for awhile?" Noah's wife asked sympathetically when she saw me fumbling with the latch for the pen that enclosed the small, woodland creatures.I nodded without saying a word, and stumbled over to the table.After collapsing on the nearby bench, I buried my head in my arms and just cried and cried. I was sitting so close to the wall that it was impossible not to hear what was going on outside.








        Some were mocking as usual. Couldn't they just stop now that they saw the miracles of all the animals filing in in orderly fashion? Didn't it convict and frighten them when they saw that massive door closing without the aid of human hands? I prayed that someone would pound on the door and cry, "Let me in! Let me in!" but no one did. What I did hear made my heart ache sadly. "Now that those trouble-makers are locked in how will they get out?"
         "Yeah! Looks like their god tricked them but good this time. See there's no rain coming!"

          These disrespectful comments were followed by raucous laughter. By the sound of things, most were going about their activities at there usual frenzied pace.

        As I leaned against the sturdy wall and tried to listen, I couldn't help but groan deeply while my tears flowed freely. Some of those people I knew and loved. Some of them had been my childhood friends, although in later years they had mocked and scorned me.

       "I would have cried, too," Yeshua whispered. I looked into his deep, comprehending eyes, and marvelled that he had not grown tired of my lengthy story.






 

No comments :

Post a Comment