www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Friday, January 25, 2013

Dear Diary Year 794

Dear Diary; (an excerpt from Mary's Diary)

I will record for you memories of one of our most interesting evenings.

"Imma, dear," Yesua (Jesus) carefully wrapped his arms around me because I was great with child."Tell me the story of the flood," he pleaded. "And tell it like you were really there. I like that the best."

"Wait until I finish getting Jose' to sleep." I replied softly as I rocked his younger brother gently in my arms. Jose' fingers fluttered outside the blanket at the sound of my voice, then went still again.Soon I laid him down and his bigger brothers snuggled up on either side of me.

"Remember this is a pretend story. I was not there, so do not know how it really happened.


Noah sadly turned around and walked into the Ark. Then he turned back and beckoned one more time.
"Come, "he pleaded, the tears coursing down his weathered cheeks. "Wont you come into the ark and be saved?

A short distance away able bodied men were clambering all over the framework of a tall building that was rapidly going up. They hadn't even bothered to stop what they were doing to come to listen. "I'll soon be quitting working for Noah, not that I mind working for him," one young man (of about 65!) confided in his brother."He treats us kindly and gives us a reasonable wage, but I am sick and tired of Sakri-lotin and his gang beating up on me for being Noah's hired hand."

Jare-Daeki nodded in agreement. "I admire the old cronie, but I wouldn't be caught dead in that old boat once it is all finished. It's really insane what he is doing, but he seems so sincere, poor guy.
Here, take the other end of this plank."

"Noah's three robust sons were a big help, but each of them had found a wife, recently, and that slowed them down."

"Why, Imma?" (Mom.)

"Why, what?"
"Why would having a wife slow them down?"

"Oh, they'd rather sit around and visit with their wives than build on the ark. At least that's what I think."

Yeshua wrinkled his nose. "Not me!I'd rather build on something any day! I like being a carpenter! Besides talithas (girls) are so boring. Except not you, Imma dear. But then you're not a talitha. You are an aan'at. (woman).
marilyns-musings.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment