www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I'm Not Interested! (part Two)



Lot is warned to flee Sodom but his wife is not interested.


Con: (Closes the door and turns to his wife.) Wife, we must flee to the City of Refuge. Our salvation depends on it!
Sinnah: Not I!  I’m not heeding those foreigners with their ridiculous accents and strange apparel! I was born in Sodom, and Sodom is good enough for me until the day I die! (She goes over to her makeup table and preens while dabbing kohl around her eyes and arranging her hair just so.)

Con: But, honey, listen to me, please. These men were in dead earnest. Know ye not that the men of your beloved city tried to drag them into the streets and force themselves upon them?

Sinnah; (Looks startled, and shudders.) Well, they didn’t get away with it.


Con: Nay, but they were nigh unto destroying the door. Come with me, please. The messengers were not mere men; they were angels sent from the God of my Uncle Abraham.

Hours pass, and still Sinnah hesitates. Con is seen pleading with her from time to time.

Sinnah: Well, if we must follow this ridiculous notion, there are things I want to take along! I’m not fleeing to the City of Refuge without many treasures.

Con: They will slow you down! Come! Come just as you are!

No comments :

Post a Comment