www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I Don't Want to Go! (Conclusion)

Sinnah is very unwilling to listen to Con (her conscience) and flee to the city of refuge..Continued from the last two posts.)
A loud pounding is heard at the door and two Beings, most obviously angels, this time, drag Con out. There is a low, hurried conversation.

Con: I’m leaving!

Sinnah: O.K. O.K. I’m coming. (She looks around frantically for things to grab.) Con yanks her hand even as the angels yanked his and they are hurried out of the city. The girls trail reluctantly behind.

They are seen fleeing, or rather being hustled to the hills, and Con’s wife drags farther and farther behind.
Sinnah: This is all nonsense, total nonsense. Why should I go to the city of Refuge? I’m fine just the way I am!
Con: Sinnah hurry! The fires of hell are about to destroy your homeland!

Sinnah: (Now this is a bit far fetched)  Why didn't I take my laptop? It will be so boring in that miserable city of salvation without internet connection! And my photos! Oh my photos! I can’t go without them! (Her feet dragged slower and slower.) And there is so many other things I need and want! I love the pleasures of this world far too much to leave them behind!

Daughter: Ma, hurry, and quite muttering to yourself! 
Sinnah: Maybe I will just quick run back. (She turns around and slowly heads that way.) My feet are feeling so leaden. What’s wrong with them? And now my legs, and hips! My thighs! Even my  fingers and hands! (She reaches back imploringly) Oh Sodom, Sodom take me back into thy bosom.  
Messenger:  Don’t look back! Your wife and mother loved the things of this world too much, and has turned into a pillar of salt!


No comments :

Post a Comment