www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Friday, August 9, 2013

Don't Ever Get a Golden Retriever!



If you’re ever in the market for a nice, friendly dog, don’t ever get an Alaskan malamute/ Golden 
Retriever cross! They might be among the sweetest, most beautiful dogs around, but don’t get one! Have pity, and don’t get one
unless you’re strong on sacrificial love and have time weighing heavily on your hands. We have the most adorable one around; (no, don’t argue, I’m not listening!) but boy does she ever get woolly!  I try to be a conscientious dog owner and trim and bathe her every spring; she’s an outdoor dog, obviously, with all that fur, but time got away on me and it just didn't get done…until now! Oh, the poor mutt! After her bath, I combed and combed and combed but there was still wads and gobs of snared up fur. I worked on it again for two more days, and meekly admit she wasn't all that glad to see me anymore. After the trimmers came out, and much of that beautiful red-gold hair on her flanks disappeared, she looked ridiculous and a good deal thinner with a white! Behind!  What really made my heart bleed was when I drew blood with those wicked scissors. (Or was it wicked me??!!) I did resolve though, that that dog is gonna get shaved every spring. I can’t possibly keep ahead of the snarls otherwise!! (Don’t worry, I mean a long trim; can’t have her getting sunburned!)

Sure Sheba yelped and squirmed when the ordeal became too uncomfortable, but she was so good about it. I doubt if she even dreamed of biting me! Can’t you just see her with her beautiful head on my lap as she gazed adoringly up at me? Sometimes my Heavenly Father allows me to go through trials that make me mighty uncomfortable, but I sure want to be as sweet and submissive as my darling dog, and gaze adoringly into His eyes! He knows best and would never cut too deeply like I did once.


P.S. Did I sneak up subtly enough with my little sermon that it caught you unawares?



No comments :

Post a Comment