www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Saturday, December 1, 2018

The Cops Are After Us!


  Is this Mary???
The Mary we know?

   




   Now, where did I leave my cell phone? Did I put it back in my purse? I’ve got to call
Mom. The pains are starting and we are still several miles away from Bethlehem.  Surely 
she will know what we should do. I am sure it is just false labour but it would be nice to 
get some advice from a--woman! 
        Joseph is exceeding the limit as it is, and is swerving in and out of traffic. Eeek! I
 see red and blue lights flashing!
       “Joseph slow down! Slow down! It’s the cops!”

       Later: Joseph convinced the policeman that it was awful urgent to hurry, so he leadus all the way to the hospital, siren wailing. I'll be so embarrassed if it is a false
alarm!
            Wait! That isn’t how it happened! Let’s get it right, straight off that  yellow and
crumbling parchment and peer at Mary’am’s own fading script.
         

             I am not feeling very brave today even though the stars are twinkling

brightly in the otherwise black, early morning sky. Yosef is loading Mojo, our
donkey. Somewhere, far, far away in a place called Bethlehem the stars are 
also shining, I suppose, but the track is so rough and dark between here and there
There are treacherous mountains just a few miles from the road we must take, 
and who know what kinds of animals might come prowling around at
night. It will take us many days to get there, and this is happening
 so close to when the baby is expected to arrive! I have never been far
 from home except for the time I went to see Aunt Elisheva, and I dread
this journey! At least this time I will have Yosef with me! What a consolation!
My deepest fear is for the Baby because I am so near the end.
Oh, if only it would have worked out to leave earlier! Will He be all right?

     


         


     
      www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com
Caution: I've had so many tell me what a high-quality book this is. Don't miss out in getting a copy or one for 
a loved one this Christmas. 

No comments :

Post a Comment