www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Monday, February 25, 2013

One of God's Little Ones (Part of the Family of God series)






        I 'met' her through a video. Okay, so you are saying I didn't really meet her.  No, but she snuggled her way into my heart, so I feel like I know her, and she is so dear to me.

                She is just a young thing, so sweet and innocent looking. In the video she was sitting on her bed while sharing her heart with those of us who would listen.  I imagine her as thirteen, or so; maybe fourteen, and from a Moslem background. Some where along life’s journey she had started attending a Christian church and had accepted Jesus as her Saviour. That’s when things started to get difficult for this sweet, young thing. She felt that the Bible taught her to wear a head covering, but the pastor in the church she was attending told her it really wasn't necessary. I don’t remember all the details since I saw this video more than a year ago, but it seems to me her friends didn't want her to wear the Moslem style for some reason, although she considered it comfortable, so she tried on a long, lacy affair, possibly more like what a Jew would don in their synagogues.Well, it was her father who objected now. 
                 “Take that stupid thing off!” he cried.
                I feel for this girl; let’s call her 'Kalea'.  What would it be like to have a tender conscience, and want to follow the Spirit of God, but feel opposition when one is so young?
                Kalea, wherever you are, I pray for you. God knows about your tender heart, and he cares for you. I sense that you are part of the family of God, which makes you my sister. Be safe.

Books by this author are available from
bookstore.iuniverse.com and elsewhere.
Another one of her blogs can be found marilyns-musings.blogspot.com


If you picked the picture for this story at random, and want to know what happened next, click on the picture from before this one to get the continued version.

No comments :

Post a Comment