www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

Marilyn Friesen

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

http://www.goodebooks.net/biblicalhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/1983717819

Thursday, July 7, 2016

We're All Teacher's Pets

Can you picture this little guy in a one room school house? He’d be the one who more than likely has a frog in his pocket, a mischievous grin on his face, sparkling eyes, and a cowlick!
He’s the one who can’t quite settle down, causes all kinds of disturbances in class but ---is loved.
That’s how God must sometimes feel. I wiggle and squirm and get easily distracted when He tries to teach me something but He never loses patience with me.
Like last night, for example; I was trying to have my devotions but couldn’t concentrate worth a hill o’ beans. Did He get stern and glower forbiddingly at me? No…Did He—heaven forbid-- look meaningfully towards the thick black strap hanging from a nail on the wall? No, ma’am.
He did say, though, that I needed to learn self-discipline, and I wanted to, oh, my but did I ever! I loved those beautiful lessons He's taught in the past, the sweet communion of His presence, but the little child inside me wanted to jump right out and play.
All was not lost, though. I ‘saw’ the twinkle in His eye, the kindly, if not slightly amused expression on His face, and just wanted to try harder for next time!
Serendipity!

While I'm not writing blog posts and doing the ordinary 'Grandma' stuff you'll find me pouring over the computer while weaving away at a yarn or two, in this case it will be either a historical novel or a true story about some folks who had an amazing life during the dirty thirties.

But that's not all that keeps the wheels of my mind humming and my hands flying. We also run a bed and breakfast which I love, love, love, and you can find out about both of my favorite pass times by popping your finger on the following link:www.marilynshistoricalnovels.com

No comments :

Post a Comment